Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Some New Links In the Right Column

Check out some new links in the right column. . .

After hearing from a friend who took my "Magnolia" suggestion and tried watching the film and was disgusted, I put a link to a review that has other people's thoughts about the film as well. I love what the film has to say about forgiveness, and the truth that no one is lost no matter how depraved. But to make that point, you have to watch the first part of the film to see the depravity--it's a set up. I stand by what the film says and believe it says it unlike anything else I've watched in my life.

Also. . . .

New links to some books I've read lately:

"Bono on Bono" is a must read for anyone interested in the developing world's nations and what we're doing since Bono is on the forefront of that. However, he's an amazing poet and artist and to use Bob Dylan's words, "Spending time with Bono is like eating dinner on a train--feels like you're moving, going somewhere. Bono's got the soul of an ancient poet and you have to be careful around him. He can roar 'til the earth shakes. He's also a closet philosopher."

Well said, Bob!
Dust

No comments: