Thursday, August 18, 2005

Miss Independance!


STA60007
Originally uploaded by dustkunkel.
I knew this day would come....I just didn't think that it would be today. I guess I was thinking maybe on her wedding day or perhaps dropping her off to college but today--the first day of Primary One? We got up this morning early because Lily was so excited for school. We got to school, met the teacher found her coat peg, her cubbie and all the first day of "big" school stuff when Lily kissed each of us and said "okay, you can go now." I couldn't believe it, my own daughter, my "baby" was telling me to leave. I don't think there is any way that a "mum" can prepare herself for the flight of her first little chick but what did I expect, we raised her to be an independant girl and she is!

Needless to say Lily in her little school uniform, pink backpack and lunch sack had a great day and was eager to hold my hand once school was over. Hopefully she'll want to hold my hand for years to come.

Janette

No comments: