Thursday, September 08, 2005

Heads-up on Dust

A quick note to friends who might be expecting to hear from Dustin in the next two or three weeks. . . . don't expect too much!

I'm in the middle of my first week of school and already the work is starting. I've found that as a Masters Student in the OE programme, I'm not only expected to carry the full workload that any other Masters student would carry across the disciplines at the University; I'm also off-site half the time doing "competency" modules.

This makes for a very, very busy schedule of being in the wild, and then finding shelter to go to "regular" class, read from thick journals and write feverishly long papers (4,000 words with full citations according to the American Psychological Association). Mmm mm. Fun. This doesn't include the 20,000 word dissertation I'll be writing next spring/summer.

This means some important things:

I have a lot of fun outdoors in the Scottish Highlands for the next two months while the weather is good (ie. windy, rainy, but slightly warmer than the winter).

I will not have as much time to respond to some of you as I used to.

Pray for my safety. Pray for my family while I'm gone. And call my wife when you feel like it. She'll never turn down a phone call. She loves 'em!

Dust
PS STAY TUNED FOR COOL PICTURES ON THIS SITE FROM THE HIGHLANDS

No comments: