Monday, June 06, 2005

My Side of Eugene.....thoughts from Janette

I read our blog today and brought it to Dustin's attention that he failed to mention anything else of our time in Eugene. What I didn't realize was that it appeared to be my job to update the blog too. So, here are some of the highlights of Eugene for the rest of the Kunkel Family.

*We started out the stay enduring an hour and a half of 6th through 8th graders showing what they have learned their last year in band. Lot's of squeeking!

*Zoe has a small bruise on her leg and a bigger one on her ego from getting bucked off of Moxie (her favorite horse at my moms farm). Zoe was riding while my mom walked beside her when Moxie got spooked and bucked Zoe off. When the horse went to kick, my mom dove over Zoe to protect her from the four legged beast. My mom came out a lot worse, kicked in the side of the head splitting her ear open and giving her one heck of a head ache. Zoe cried, she wanted back on the horse.

*Lily fell in love with wild flowers, learning all the names from Doug who taught us all something about the flora.

*Lily and Zoe followed their cousin Hillary everywhere she went, finally Hillary caught on, "If I go to the treehouse,they can't follow me!"

*Janette enjoyed special times with her mom, sister Cheri and cousin Kristie. Not to mention gardening, it just wasn't as enlightening for me as it seems to have been for Dustin. My thoughts were a bit more consumed with, "Why does he get to run the power tool and I get a rake and gloves?" MEN! Anything to do with powertools and fire and they take over. Actually, I was thankful he took it over.

Thanks Mom and Doug for housing us those few days.
A few people have made comments about our calander not being updated, that's my next job here on the blogspot.

1 comment:

hal. said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your mom (and Zoe)!
Did your mom have to get stitches or anything? Hope she's okay!
Miss you guys.