Monday, June 13, 2005

Friendship. . . .

There's no way we can name all of the people who should be in the following post. . . If you've ever done something for us, or helped us, or stepped up for us without being asked, this ones for you. . . .

Here's a quick "shout out" to great friends who've shown lately that "friendship" is all about doing things for you without being asked:

The Behnkster for giving us the chance to get away. . .

Todd and Shari McKay for the keys that opened up a week of rest. . . .

The Dickster for being yourself. If only I was half as cool. I'd start slicking my hair back but I'm not worthy.

Matt for a ride from the airport and movie nights!

Mike for taking a chance with me as the DCE, even if I wasn't one officially.

Brenda, for a shot at musical stardom from my humble beginnings at The Rabbit Hole, and. . . for everything else you've done.

Dave Forsythe asking to care for my guitar--and trade me one of his that has a strong travelling case while he watches mine. Dave, I have to say, it hurt a little to give up Ya to you . . . but I couldn't think of a better man to play my guitar, keep her safe, and treat her with the love she deserves. Thanks for the loaner too. A Taylor isn't too bad a trade!

Troy and Tania for throwing a great party. . . . opening their home to a bunch of crazies. . . . and loaning a truck how many times? You HAD to get tired of hearing, "Uh, do you think I could borrow the truck this weekend?!!"

Mike and Denise, Brent and Karen, Jim and Sharon: for great conversation, free meals, and lots of laughter. When I think of you I smile and hope for more. . . . I think that means we're friends. Either that, or I really like to eat free food!

Linda Forsythe for painstakingly creating two Raggedy Anne dolls out of fabric and thread for the girls. I heard you started working on those in 1992.

Val for the great memory book (and all of you who put your words of encouragement in there)--thanks!

Carter for the mechanic's poem that made me almost soil my drawers. . . not only was it witty, it was deep. It was poetry.

Boryska and Steele womyn for watching Lil' and Zo' while we did the graduation open house thing for our youth.

Dawn and the Pegnone's for playing and swimmin' with the girls.

Phil and Patti for lovin' and livin' with us!

Miriam for a vision that gave me the picture I needed to stand firm for Jesus.

Jodi who calls often, sends cards, and does little "I love you" things all the time.

Thanks all of you. . . . and those who aren't in here. . . you know who you are.

Good friends are hard to find.

But you have made it easy.

(Dust)

No comments: